Experienced difficulty sleeping, night sweats, back pain, diarrhea. Why mucus discharge?

I am 49 years old. I have experienced difficulty sleeping for about a year. I have night sweats around my period time. My period has been fairly regular every 28-30 days, over the past 3 years. I have always had an irregular period until I hit my mid forties. I would go every 2-3 months in my teenage years, then every 35-40 days in my 20 s and 30 s. After my fourth child at 43 it became for regular. I had my period about a week and half ago. It was normal. Then, five days later I had experienced stomach and back pain . then I noticed my dark spotting again for two days. I had dull headaches , stomach upset and some diarrhea , lightheadedness along with the spotty. Third day I had small amount of bloody discharge and now the dark, thick mucous discharge. Is this my hormones gone crazy?
Asked On : Fri, 12 Oct 2012