Experienced a progressive pulsating sensation in the area of the jugular. Cause?

Hello, i just experienced a progressive pulsating sensation in the area of the jugular which lasted 5 to 10 seconds, progressed from small to large twitch, then stopped. I was lying down at the time. Any idea what could cause something like that? I ve experienced random twitches in various parts of the body as most people do, but this wasn t like that. It was more like a pulsation and it was progressive. Thank you for your help!
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013