Experience vomiting and nausea on the first day of periods only if they start at night. Cause?

My 16 y old daughter is told me today that for about 5 months now she has noticed that on the 1st day of her period she is experiencing nausea and vomiting .....but only if the period starts during the night while she sleeps. She says if she starts her period during the day, she doesn t experience the nausea and vomiting. Could this just be the build up of hormone in her sleeping body hitting her when she stands up in the morning? or should I have a Dr check her out?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013