Existing pain that triggers at night after nissan fundiplication. Will diet restrictions ease the symptoms?

Dr Christensen I have suffered for over20 years with reflux and eventually was diagnosed with severe oesophagitis.I had a 4cm hiatus Hernia as well. I had a Nissan Fundiplication in August which has magically stopped the reflux (small hernia still) but the pain I suffer overnight still exists. Every night after 2 hours I am woken up and then this carries on for the rest of the night! Is it possible that your diet suggestions will ease my symptoms or should I be on a much more severe diet. Will my oesophagus ever recover or will I always suffer from this pain although maybe not quite so badly. JackievStevnson
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013