Exercise inducible ischaemia, Is there any risk to life ?

My mother has undergone tread mealtest and she has the result positive for exercise inducible ischaemia what is it mean? Is there any risk to life?
Asked On : Sun, 19 Sep 2010
Cardiologist 's  Response
a positive TMT means that she has some blockage in her coronary arteries which can be confirmed by angiogram. further treatment will depend on her symptoms . he needs to be investigated further.
General & Family Physician Dr. Prasad's  Response
Dear Kiruthiga, Welcome to healthcaremagic forum...
Exercise induced ischemia also referred to as exercise induce angina/stable angina is a warning sign. It is a warning sign of myocardial infarction/heart attack....
Yes, do not take it lightly. Your mom needs risk factor assessment - blood sugar, cholesterol, blood pressure check up, ECHO and angiogram. She will need antiplatelets, life style/dietary modification, risk prevention measures and medications to treat pain as and when it occurs.
A cardiologist will help guide you through all the evaluation and also prescribe you the medicines. Consult a cardiologist to avail them...
Thanks and Regards