Excruciating stomach pain, pins and needles in legs, painful. On birth control. Suggest?

Hello, I have been on my period for 9 days now. Usually it lasts up to 4, but I started to take the pill and this is my first period since. I have had the most excruciating stomach pains that occur every hour or so, and my lower back is in a lot of pain. I also keep having weird pins and needles running down my upper legs, sometimes it is painful to walk. I have also had blood clotting with my period which I think might be the cause for the stomach cramps . My doctor put me on the pill to help with my period pains and for birth control also, but I have never ever experienced period pains like this before.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013