Excruciating pain in the lower back while urinating after controlling it for a long time. Suggestions?

Once in July while flying & just now in my home I held my urine longer than normal, then when I went to release I had excruciating lower left back pain when urinating. The first time it was so bad it sent me to my knees, which was difficult since i was in an airplane laboratory. That first time I prayed for my death instead of healing it was so bad. it may have lasted 5 minutes & then continued a while longer a mild discomfort The next time was just a few minutes ago it was not as bad. What is wrong with me? Whom do I see for a repair? The email address provide is mine since 1998 and is legitimate so please put forth the effort to respond, Thank you, Male 42 years old with possible kidney issue
Asked On : Sat, 27 Oct 2012