Excruciating pain, dizziness after hitting coccyx. Area bruised, taking Aleve, Lonol. Possibility of coccyx broken?

Hi, I slipped in my stairways 2 nights ago and hit my coccyx on 3 descending stairs, I fortunately catch up my self with my left arm if not I would have continue with my head. The pain was excruciating and I felt dizzy and couldn t hear anything for about 20mns. After that, I had strong chills and in horrible pain. I took Tylenol that night but didn t sleep. I m still in pain specially when I sit, get up, bend over or sleep no matter what position. According to my children, the area is bruised. I decided to consult a doctor tomorrow. For now, I m taking Aleve and I put ice 3 times a day and a topical cream called Lonol. Could I have broke my coccyx? Should I get an x-ray? Thank you.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013