Excruciating pain all over the body after lumbar puncture hit sciatic nerve. Suggestions?

Hi: I had a lumbar puncture with flouroscopy Friday afternoon. Now, two days later, I have excruciating pain all over my body, especially my legs. There is also pain in right flank at diaphragm, and hurts when I breath. Upon puncturing the lumbar area, I experienced an electric strong pain in my right sciatic nerve that shot down radiating to my right foot causing my leg to kick once uncontrollably. I said oh I think you hit my sciatic nerve! When the Dr pulled back on the needle, the pain stopped, but the leg felt numb. The pain was not this bad yesterday, but now even with my very potent meds for chronic back pain, the pain is very bad. I am stuck in bed and starting to get head and neck pain too. I have some arachnoiditis in the lumbar area from four spinal surgeries at L5 - S1. The radiology Dr said my cord area is very narrow as it was very difficult to obtain CSF. The puncture was done prone for the xray and then I had to roll onto left side for collection of CSF. It was barely dripping out. It took about 30 min. to get 6 cc. Is this pain normal?? I see many people on the site talking about the needle hitting the sciatic nerve, and the xray tech said it happened a lot at the facility I went to....Is it common that the sciatic nerve is hit upon needle entry? I would appreciate any advise as it is Sunday..... everything closed but ER.
Asked On : Thu, 25 Oct 2012