Excruciating joint pain with swelling even with normal activity. RA ruled out. History of chikungunya. Possible rason?

Hello Doctor, my dad had chikungunya about a year ago. He recovered after the usual medication and returned to his normal lifestyle. However, about 6 months ago, he started having excruciating pain in his joints. The pain travels to various joints, which then swell . Any normal activity triggers an episode of intense pain. Walking, sitting, driving or even turning in bed have become near impossible. We were asked to check for rheumatoid arthritis . The tests show that he doesn t have the condition. We cannot figure out what the problem is. Please advise.
Asked On : Fri, 30 Nov 2012