Excruciating jaw and ear pain post tooth extraction, have congestion and canker sores. Pain relief measures?

I had part of a tooth extracted 3 days ago that had previously had a root canal then crumbled out. The pain in my teeth has decreased but I now have excruciating jaw and ear pain. I also am congested and got several canker sores in my mouth. My dentist said that there wasn t any infection in the tooth. Any ideas how I can get out of this pain? Ibuprofen 800 and Lortab still leave me unable to sleep or eat and on the verge of tears . Thanks
Asked On : Tue, 23 Oct 2012