Excruciating headaches with pin point pains in random places, jaw and neck pain, taken pills, pain radiating to shoulders. Cause?

My husband has been having excruciating headaches with pinpoint pains in random places, pain in his temple, pain in his jaw and neck as well as the back of his neck. This is all on the left side. He had a ct scan as well as an ultrasound that were normal. His blood pressure was very high initially and the doctor added a new med. He saw a neurologist who prescribed pain pills and muscle relaxers. The pain is now going into his shoulder . He is having an MRI as well as seeing a cardiologist next week. All of this started about 2-3 weeks ago.
Asked On : Wed, 10 Oct 2012