Excruciating headaches since surgery to fix broken tibia. What will fix them?

Hello, Four days ago I had an operation to fix a fracture in my left tibial plateau caused during a skiing accident two weeks ago. Since then, I have been experiencing excruciating headaches . I was taking paracetamol and Tramadol but I have synced stopped the Tramadol (assuming it was the cause of the headaches). The headaches are worse when I stand up or even sit up. They are so painful I have been sick with them. Lying down is my only refuge from them but this won t help heal my leg or enable me to do my physio. I am keen to rehabilitate quickly and generally fit and healthy. Any advice is more than welcome. Kind regards Michelle
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013