Excessive yawing, tired while drinking alcohol, slightly overweight. Why is it happening?

While drinking alcohol, even the first drink, I yawn excessively and then get so tired, I fall asleep in the chair. I m healthy, 47 years old, female, slightly overweight (about 30 pounds). Until Jan 2011, I drank 3 minimum glasses of mixed drinks a night, usually whiskey, but stopped after back surgery last Jan. In June, I stopped taking pain medication and tried to have a drink but immediately got headaches . Now I don t drink regular at all but when I do have a drink, I yawn alot and then fall asleep - can t keep eyes open type of fall asleep.
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013