Excessive tiredness, depression, body aches since receiving the depo provera shot. Could this be due to medicine or something else?

Hi I recently received the depo-provera shot on October 9th. By the 12th I started feeling tired and now I can t even go to school with out feeling sick and very very tired. I used to workout (run and strength train) at least 4 times a week and now I can t even get through a 20 minute run which used to be a breeze. My resting heart rate was 72 and is now 87-95. I feel depressed and I m very put of breath and have flu like body aches. I sleep on a heating pad every night because of back pain that started last week. I m 18 years old, 5 6 , 126 lbs and I have low protein s (why I got the depo vs. the pill). I received the shot in my right buttocks . I called my nurse who administered the shot and she told me no one has ever felt like this, which I know is a lie because looking online and talking to friends who got the shot told me they felt the same way. Is this from the shot or could it be something else (mono, the nurse suggested) thank you!!
Asked On : Sat, 27 Oct 2012