Excessive tear production during sleep, dryness, no discharge. Why is this happening?

when I sleep (or sometimes even if I just lay down) I get excessive tear production. I can feel tears have run down my face if I wake at night and somtimes this dry the skin around my eyes slightly by the morning. There is no discharge during the day (also to mention - not thick or suggestive of infection at night either) not thickand my eyes are not red and not itchy and vision has not been affected.
Male 34 years old, 6 foot 1, 90kg weight and no other long term health issues
I do not wear contact lenses or glasses
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013