Excessive sweating, fatigue after playing tennis in the sun. Suggestions to prevent fatigue?

When I play tennis outdoors in the heat and sun (I m in XXXX), I sweat excessively - I mean I can wring a quart of sweat from just my shirt after an hour. I use Gatorade and drink tons of water. recently, I ve had to stop play after 75 to 90 minutes because of fatigue . Any suggestions? PS: I m 66, get annual check-ups (most recently at the end of March) and am considered in good health with no weight or dietary problems.
Asked On : Tue, 24 Jul 2012
Sweating causes loss of water with electrolytes like sodium, chloride, potassium etc.Playing is good for health.However since you are middle aged I suggest to not play continuously.You can play for a period of 20-30 min followed by 10 min rest and repeat this 2-3 times so that you don't get tired.Instead of sports drinks you can have one spoon honey(which gives instant energy), lemon/orange juice which keep you fresh and cover electrolyte loss to some extent.Continue drinking plenty of fluids.I hope this helps.If you are experiencing fatigue after playing for a short period (which never happened to you previously) then I suggest you meet a physician.Hope this helps.Take care.