Excessive sleep, vomiting, fever after taking histatussin. Side effect?

my son and i went out yesterday he was fine before we left he ate his breakfast and took his medicine after.after reaching home he had a patty and soda , soon after he finish he took his medicine which is quater teaspoon of histatussin,half and hour later he went to bed. about 3-4hours later he woke up he came and laid in my lap,i ask him if he want somthing to eat he said no he would just like a drink of water,after he went to the bathroom to urinate when i got up to check on him he had vomited.i felt him and he was hot,even now he s you think tis a side effect from the medicine.
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012

I would not think medicines as first cause of his symptoms.May be food or something he had lead to gastric irritation.You can give him some anti-emetic if he feels nauseated or vomits again.Generally such do resolve soon.