Excessive sleep, not depressed nor lethargic. What is the cause?

Dr, I sleep way too much, I don t think I m depressed, although i have started a new job 3 months ago and its a job where there is a lot to learn and i do worry about going in but I know that will pass in time, the job is also shift work, so sometimes i work through nightshifts, at first i thought this was the reason why i couldn t pull myself out of bed, but I have not done a nightshift since last week and say for instance last night, I went to bed at 10pm, i woke up at 7am, went back to sleep because I didn t want to get up, woke up again at 9am, went back to bed and then woke again at 12pm and finally pulled myself out of bed, but it was a struggle. its not me being lazy, but it is starting to get to me, as I keep asking myself why i can t get up...
Asked On : Mon, 25 Jun 2012