Excessive sleep, do not feel rested even after good sleep, had episode when I woke hyperventilated. Related?

I am a 19 year old female, I m 4 10 and 115 pounds. Lately, I ve noticed problems in my sleep, such as being unable to wake up in the morning, sleeping more than 12 hours in a day, or not feeling rested with the suggested 9 hours of sleep. For the first time last night I woke up hyperventilating because I felt like my nasal pathway was blocked, even though it wasn t, after I realized it wasn t, I felt like I couldn t breath. I was wondering if it s connected in anyway or if it was just a fluke and what it means when you wake up hyperventilating?
Asked On : Mon, 29 Oct 2012