Excessive secretion of saliva during 16 weeks of pregnancy. Causing sores around mouth, discomfort. Suggestions?

I am 16 weeks pregnant, and after my near-constant nausea subsided (at 14 weeks) I have experienced increasing amounts of saliva production . It tastes horrible and if I swallow it, it makes me sick, so I have to spit it out. This has got worse and worse and for the past 4 days it has become so bad that I am spitting into a bottle every 30 seconds or so. Also it is now making me feel sick while I am eating most foods, because in eating, I am forced to swallow the saliva as I chew. Apart from being socially debilitating (especially at work), I fear that I am at risk of becoming dehydrated. I would be grateful for any advice, tips or anything that can either decrease the production of saliva or help me manage this problem, which is also keeping me awake at night, and giving me sores around my mouth from constant dribbling and spitting in the night.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013