Thank you for your query.
1. A commonest causes for excessive salivation
(Ptyalism) at night is mouth breathing
and infrequent swallowing.
2. Do you Snore or have nasal obstruction? What is your BMI (Body Mass Index
3. Other possibilities with such a long duration of symptoms are are genetic predisposition, heavy metal poisoning
, oral hygiene or dental problems, exhaustion and so on.
4. Get a USG Neck, Nuclear Scintigraphy and a Sialography done. If these are normal there is no treatment necessary.
5. If excessive salivation is proven, Glycopyrrolate
tablets or Botox A Injections may be used under strict supervision of a doctor. Never use sublingual atropine drops. They are extremely dangerous.
6. You may share the reports of your examination and investigations for further advice.