Excessive pus with greenish tinge from the site of pilondial cyst removal. Is this a problem?

I had a polinadal cyst removed about 5 days ago, I have been changing the dressing wet to dry daily. The wound is still open and there has been pus coming out in small amounts until tonight when I changed it there was about double the amount of pus and it was distinctly green. There isn t a ton of it but definitely double the amount from the last couple days and a lot of more green in color. Is this a problem?
Asked On : Wed, 3 Oct 2012
Hello and thanks for writing in
Increase in the amount of pus is a matter of concern. In my opinion you must done your pus culture examination and accordingly select the effective antibiotic which controls the growth of bacteria or you need a change in your antibiotic.
In addition to this keep the area sterile-don't touch anything non-sterile to the wound, do regular anti-septic dressing 1-2 times a day as per need and continue the medication as prescribed by your treatment doctor.
Hope this will help you.
Best Wishes