Excessive phlegm after intake of BP medicines post heart attack, cough, decrease in BP after using Musinex. Cause?

I have excessive phlegm . White for the most part and non stop for 6 years since I started taking blood pressure med and a couple other meds after my heart attack . Accompanyied by an annoying cough that is caused by the phlegm. Tried musinex but I felt it cut down my urine flow. Also did nose drops with the musinex and after. I thought of speaking to my cardiologist to go off the blood pressure med for a short time to see if the mucus goes away. Blood pressure was 120/80 when I went on it after my heart attack. Any thoughts?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Jun 2012