Excessive masturbation. Why does that make my mind weak? Get rid of it?

hi Doctor, i m 30 years old,single. i have habit of masterbation. i do masterbation 2-3 times a day. it effects me a lot. it make me weak, my mind is weak. i m sw engineer. this habit of mine effecting not only my personal life but professonal life also. i do masterbation when i go to bed either in night of any time. and when i go to bed i can not resist myself from doing this. i do yoga . i want to get rid of this habit any psychatrist could help. i know and heard from many people and doctors on net that this habit is natural but this habit is spoiling me. so i want to get rid of this habit. my mail id is YYYY@YYYY . Regards Surjit
Asked On : Sat, 15 Sep 2012
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Dear surjit
When ever any habit crosses the limit it calls for check or treatment. As you know from forum as to what is natural but when an individual feels upset over it we recommend it to be checked. Yoga will take care of body and if you start meditation then you will develop control over mind and can govern to stop it even without medication. If it appears difficult then have Cap. ashwagandha, and get shiro dhara. Start reading some holybook while going to bed.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Amol Baburao Avhad's  Response
hello freind,
masturbation is a natural ..but any thing in world have limit... due to more mastarbation dhatu kshaya[ weakness, mind disturb, unconsentrate work] occure... so avoid it.. sex is in our mind so concentrate ur mind to ur work and avoid sex gossipe, porn movie,thingking about lady..
start some ayurvedic medicine for weakness e.g- chavanprasha, aswaganda vati,musali paka. etc.
but i think marrige is best option for it ... so ur young guy... why u late... do that and be happy... thanks.
Homeopath Dr. Rajinder Singh's  Response
Hi Surjit,
You have a valid concern, excess of everything is bad. By your narration i need to probe into your life and life style both to understand where the things are going wrong. Generally the probable reasons for regular masturbation are as follows:
1. High Sexual Appetite
2. Loneliness
3. Lack of interest in professional or personal life.
4. A stressful condition which made you aloof from others.

Generally masturbation is a practice to relieve the mental stress or boredom and gradually the person get addicted to it like a habit. You shall try the following measures:

1. Start a Physical activity regime, some gym/healthclub/outdoor activity.
2. Diet rich in fruits( Apple, custard apple etc), proteins( whole cereals, chicken, egg white etc) and nuts( almond, walnut etc) it will help you combat the stress and strengthen your immunity.
3. Get more socialize, indulge yourself in social activities.
4. Try not to be alone for long durations.
5. On day offs do not sit alone, go out for a drive, meet friends, movies etc.
6. Try to get some female friends.
7. Homoeo Remedy: Selenium 30 5 drops in half cup water once daily for 7 days.
8. Consult a qualified Homoeo Physician for regular treatment.

Feel free to ask any queries you have

Dr.Rajinder Singh