Excessive itching between bum cheeks. Took medication for tape worm, good hygiene. Reason and cure?

I am 22 year old male who works on a farm. For the past 3 weeks i have had excessive itching in between my bum-cheeks. i recently (fortnight ago) had medication for tape worm (unsure if this is related) I have tried using savlon reguarly and am keeping up personal hygiene . The itching is worse during the night and wakes me multiple times. What can this be and how can i treat it? There are small red areas but mainly looks red from where i have itched. there is no puss or other obvious visual symptoms.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013