Excessive hunger one day before and after getting periods, nausea, vomiting after eating. Suggestions?

i have a serious question about my health. usually 1 day before or a day after i get my period i go into a food rampage. almost like im in starvation mode and i go and eat alot of food. it scares me because sometimes i cant stop eating and when i finally do i get nauseaus or wanna throw up. Is this a common symptom for periods or is there something going on in my body?
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013
Premenstrual symptoms present in a variety of ways and so long as your binge eating is not hampering your weight or health, you need not bother. At such a stage, try to eat more of dry fruits like walnut which provide satiety and less or almost no calories. Have plenty of fruits, fluids and fresh vegetables to help you ease out the situation. These are also better digested and thereby you will have lesser nausea. Hope your query has been answered. Wish you good health.