Excessive hair fall, eating healthy. Am I vitamin deficient?How to control?

I m 23, female, asian with long hair. I use a hair straightener at least 5-6 times a week for three years, but haven t used it nearly as often (maybe 4 times a month) in the past year or half a year. I ve had it straight permed twice, once in 2010 and once this past february. Besides that and the shampoo/conditioner I use, I haven t done anything else to my hair, but it s thinning like crazy. I noticed the thinness about 5 years ago. My hair used to be very very thick, but now its thin and lacks life. My diet is what I consider to be healthy, full of fruits and veg, carbs, fish, soy, but little to no meat and dairy, aside from eggs . When I comb my fingers through my hair, I can grab almost 10 strands of hair. When I brush my hair, my brush looks as if it s been brushing hair for a week. Its making me self-conscious because I play with my hair a lot and thus, I shed a lot. My hair is usually down, sometimes its up, but it s never pulled tight, always loose. What could I be doing wrong, or am I just vitamin deficient or missing some vital minerals?
Asked On : Sun, 8 Jul 2012