Excessive gagging when taking vitamins, medicines, brushes teeth, good immune system, GERD, vomiting

My husband has been having excessive gagging when he takes his vitamin , med, and when he brushes his teeth . He is in general good health, never gets sick, seems to have a good immune system , does not suffer from GERD , AND this morning, as soon as he was preparing for work, he had a constant gagging, which is what has been going on for several months now, and ultimately vomited without being able to control the gagging. I am an RN, since 87, and I have only worked in Women s Health and Dialysis . I am at wits end, and I want to know what kind of illness/diagnosis a DR, would make, and I am terribly worried it is something serious. We have a Family Dr, at our small town clinic (near Springfield,MO), and I am so worried it is something like MS or worse, What should we ask for, inquire about???? Thank You so much. Sherry Fox
Asked On : Thu, 3 May 2012