Excessive burping, gas formation. Took pepto-bismol, blackish dark green diarrhea. Intestinal bleeding?

Yesterday, I had sulfric burps and lots of excessive gas. I took pepto-bismol and went to sleep. Well this morning I went to the bathroom and had black and really dark green diarrhea . I saw online they said it could be bleeding from the intestines and that I should seek immediate doctor attention, but I was wondering before I rush there, if it was perhaps the pepto-bismal that made it that color?
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012