Excess sweating and fatigue. Gained weight. TH4 not normal. Is thyroid the root cause?

I m a 24 y.o. male. Over the past months I ve been experiencing mixed symptoms of hyperthyroidism & Cushing s Syndrome . My main problem is excess sweating (mostly during summer) on my forehead and recently underarms (it started 2 years ago). More recently I developed tachycardia , my hair became weak and I am unable to perform physical activities due to fatigue , I got acne on my back and my skin is itching at times and is light reddish around the thyroid area. However, instead of losing weight I gained more than 15 lbs over the past months due to an increased appetite and developed stretch marks (some are light red some white) on my abdomen and arms. I was tested for a heart disease but both the EKG and blood tests (incl. the CRP & ESR) were normal (apart from the very fast heart rate). Last week I underwent the MRI of my pituitary gland which didn t show any abnormalities as well. Now I m awaiting the USG of my thyroid since my physician suspects the presence of a toxic nodular goiter. I would like to know if whether it is really likely that my thyroid is the root of my problems. Isn t a tumor of the adrenal gland a more likely source? My TSH and ACTH levels were within the normal range, TH4 was slightly over the limit.
Asked On : Thu, 30 Aug 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  71 Awaiting Answer