Excess skin hanging from anus, not itchy. Have constipation, hard stools

Hi Doc, Today, after finishing my business in the loo, i took a shower. While washing my body i felt an excess skin hanging out off of my anus . I took the mirror to check it out and it is not big nor too small. It is not itchy, it just stands there. I admit that they were hard stool , and i m always constipated. Do you think this loose skin is due to that? My mother thinks i had sexual intercourse from behind, which is crazy because i don t remember doing that, since i don t have any boyfriend. Please, tell me more.
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013
Hello user,
The findings of skin tag in anal verge is mostly seen in constipated and patients who do excess straining on stools.

Sometimes they are also seen in piles patients and they are retractile and goes inside after manipulation by hand.

You are advised to attend a surgeon to get your skin tag examined if it has appeared few months or years back, and get it removed if it is bothering you much !

Dr Hari Om Chandrakar