Excess saliva formation, vomiting. Drinks protein shakes with milk. Due to milk or protein supplement?

Hi Doctor, My husband has been producing excessive saliva during the night lately. I does not happen every night but when it does he vomits in the morning and feel sick for the rest of the day. He is drinking protein shakes with milk in the morning and at night before going to bed and I was wondering if it was the cause of this? Would it be possible that his body do not accept as much milk or protein supplement or something else? Because he also told me that it used to happen when he was younger too but at this time he was not taking any shakes or drinking excessive amount of milk. What causes these symptoms? Thank you for your answer.
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012