Evidence of platy basia with shallow posterior foster. what to do ?

My daughter only 10 years old.Her recent MRI report is here submitting for your kind consultancy. There is evidence of platybasia with shallow posterior fossa.there is herniation of cerebellar Tonsils through the foramen magnum with obliteration of subarachnoid space at forman magnum. there is posterior arch defect nated at C3.Dorsal aspect of the cord shows beaking through the defect.Cord is adherent to the posterior aspect of spinal canal at C3 level.There is no herniation of CSF space through the defect. There is evidence of prominent central canal from C2 level upto D3 level. Anterior arch of atlas appers bifid. there is mild dorsally angulated odontid. It is to be noted here that there was meningosnyelocele (cervical region).Symtoms: swelling on back of cervical region since birth.and when she was only 2 month of age she was operated at Kolkata. Please help me what to do now and please suggest me in which way I have to follow.Doctor told me that operation is needed.please tell me what to do ?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Jan 2010