Every now then I get a sudden pain in the heart, Should I take it seriously ?

Every now & then I get a sudden pain in the heart .... Should I take it seriously ?
The pain lasts for few seconds but leaves my chest & my whole body in pain for some time. It all started a few weeks ago .. it's summer here where i live & most of the time the air conditioner is turned on or windows are opened along with my wearing light clothes.... so I thought it might be coz of this. I dunno & I don't wanna tell my family so that not to worry. I just thought to ask here first before consulting a doctor. Thanks in advance for your help :)
Asked On : Thu, 17 Dec 2009
Well, I doubt it is a heart pain actually. If the heart was the cause of pain, then it will be referred to your left arm, shoulder and sometime the lower part of the left side of your jaw, in other words you won't feel pain in your chest. But if the pain is like a sting in your chest and usually occurs with inhalation then I would say it is mild pleurisy (inflammation of the pleural membrane) which is not a serious condition and happens to me all the time. Still I advice you to consult a REAL doctor mesh kalam ay 7ad mel share3 masalan zaye keda :D We alf salama..