Every bite of food got stuck in throat, burning and painful. Happens while drinking also. Any relation ?

Today while eating lunch, every bite of food I took felt like it was stuck in my throat . It slowly moves down my esophagus ...with burning and pain. It feels like once it gets to my stomach , I can still feel burning but the pain is gone. Sometimes this even happens when I drink. I generally drink about 2 liters of water a day but I was on a trip this weekend and drank mostly sodas. Could this be related? Its so painful that I don t even want to attempt eating. Thanks!
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013