Esophagus spasms, severe chest pain. On bentyl. Had Gallbladder removed. Achalasia?

I have been experiencing what I believe to be Achalasia. After meals my esophagus starts to spasm and becomes extremely tight up to my throat . I become quite anxious due to the severe pain in my chest. I have had 2 ekgs and my heart is perfectly fine. It is not after every meal, but mostly meats, especialy beef or pork. The pain is dibilitating and I ve been percribed Bentyl & Nitro spray to relax the muscle when I have an attack. It does work most of the time, but on occassion I have had to spray the nitro every 5 min for up to 2 hrs. I am scheduling an EGD, but have not yet done so due to another medical issue I have just resolved with my gall bladder removal. Thank you for your time. I appreciate it. Lori
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012