Escessive discharge, wearing tampon. Help

Hi, ive been having A LOT of discharge for quite some time now and its really really getting me down, its that bad i can be walking somewhere and start to feel that leaky sensation and theres so much it will come through my underwear and soak my jeans :( I always tend to wear a tampon because im scared if i dont i will be caught out.. its embarrasing!! sometimes it smells quite badly then other times it doesnt smell very much at all, sometimes it can b smooth other times its very very thick and paste like, the colour also varies from white to yellow then sometimes very off yellowy lime kind of colour. Im 25 yrs old, please help
Asked On : Tue, 3 Jul 2012
Welcome to HCM,
I have read your query, a definite kind of vaginal discharge that is most common during pregnancy as well as at additional times during the reproductive years. If one has leucorrhoea, it may be a sticky as well as thick vaginal discharge that is yellow, green or white. It may vary with the menstrual cycle of the woman as her hormone levels change. Discharges from the vagina are normally a sign of vaginal yeast infections, bacterial vaginosis, or sexually transmitted diseases. Leukorrhea may or may not be an indication of the presence of an infection, and it is not normally accompanied by any other symptoms or signs, such as itching, pain, irritation or burning, or redness of the tissue. This condition might last for weeks or even months. But, it needs to be treated correctly in the primary stages only so as not let it becomes protracted. This discharge is mostly experienced in the course of puberty, while the sexual structures of the female are evolving. This discharge is typically caused by an infection being present in some of the tissues of the vagina. Most women may be more at ease using a liner for the panty especially when this discharge becomes too heavy. The area of the vagina needs to be kept dry and clean and women should abstain from wearing nylons or tight pants. Tips for curbing leukorrhea include avoid non-vegetarian diet such as eggs, meat, fish etc., drink lots of water, consume green vegetables in extra quantities and vaginal area should be kept clean and dry. Would recommend to consult your physician before using any over-the-counter therapy or home remedies. Thanks