Erratic menstrual cycle, huge gap between periods during teenage, period seems to be back to back. Regulating?

I started my period at around 11 yrs old since then it s been irratic it comes every 4 months my doctor, at 15, said my hormones and everything else seemed to be in balance. Now I m 20 and my period came two months in a row is it possible my cycle would just now be regulating? Ive been tryin to concieve for 2 years now with no luck and I am just wondering if it s possible that my period could just now be becoming a normal cycle and make it easier for me to concieve.
Asked On : Fri, 26 Oct 2012