Epithelial cell abnormality ASCUS, HPV high risk test positive. How did i contact the virus?

Hi doctor. I am 30 years old and my husband is 33 years old. We were both virgins when we first had sex, which was 3.5 years ago. This April 2012 I decide to get a pap smear and the result is Epithelial cell abnormality ASCUS. The HPV high-risk test is positive for 13 high risk types. I had a follow up with the gyno and she was surprised as to how i contracted hpv because my husband and I are in a monogonous relationship and have only had sex with each other. Then my husband pointed out that he has a friend who had warts on his ear and he had visited him in his house. Could it be that this is how I contracted the virus?
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012