Episodes of urinary retention after hysterectomy. CT scan showing dilation of the ureter at the base of the kidney. Blood in urine, flank pain. what is the treatment?

I had a hysterectomy in December. After the hysterectomy I had 2 episodes of urinary retention of about 1,000 cc s each episode. One week later I was diagnosed via ct scan and urine dip with pylo. The ct showed dilation of the right ureter and base of the right kidney. I was given antibiotics for the pylo. It is now march and I have continued to have blood in my urine (diagnosed at my urologist office), right sided flank pain and a follow up ct showed the same dilation. My urologist wants to do a procedure to look at my ureters. I have to be put under for this procedure. Do you think this is a reasonable next step?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013