Episodes of sudden rise in heart rate, syncope and collapse. Should I see a cardiologist?

I had very strong palpitations while I was standing in the kitchen. Not doing anything of consequence. My heart rate was 185 and I had trouble catching my breath. My parents had a pulse meter and they said this high rate lasted for minutes. They gave me a 325 mg aspirin to chew and my rate steadily declined over the next couple of minutes. Then my rate stayed in the range of 100-110 for several hours. This has happened before and sometimes i actually have syncope episodes and actually fall into someone with little or no warning. So unexpected and uncomfortable. I am 55 and in pretty good shape. Should I be concerned or see a cardiologist?
Asked On : Thu, 20 Sep 2012