Episodes of seeing startling images upon closing the eyes. No anxiety. Reason?

When closing my eyes for sleep - strings of startling images will fly toward me, completely consuming my field of vision (shut eyelids). With only a second or so between a jolt of fear and the next, my eyelids will tremble until forced open. This has definitely become more frequent - between regretting sleep, and losing it - I need to know what is up. Has any experienced similar night terrors? (FYI - No other issues with getting sleep, nor do I deal with high Anxiety ) Thank you
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013