Episodes of heavy palpitations, dizziness, headaches. Reason? Treatment?

I have palpatations occasionally and they arent usually a concern. I had been getting a few throughout the day yesterday. But on the way home from the gym I got so very heavy ones which were followed by a dizzy spell and near black out. I was panicked by them so rang NHS helpline. They told me to go to A&E which I did, but after several hours of waiting they had subsided so I went home without being seen. I have since had a couple of similar magnitude but without the dizziness . I have had a headache since the episode. I cant get in at my doctors for a week, and dont want to waste A&Es time, Im only 33 years old but my grandad did have a heartattack at 45. Please can you advise what I should do? Thanks Steve
Asked On : Fri, 23 Nov 2012