Episodes of difficulty in sleep followed by tinnitus, increased heart rate, affected speech, pressure above the roof of mouth and Adam's apple. Considerable relief with Verapamil, B-12 shots. What else can be done?

I am originally from North Europe. I have had episodes for over 20 years and nothing helped and I had no diagnosis. I lie in bed and can‘t sleep. With time I start to get tinnitus . My heart rate increases and I become hyper. Then something happens in my head. My speech is always affected, accent increases and my choice of words changes. Get confused easily. Coherent but not connecting. Feel some of my abilities were taken away. I don‘t really know what is a normal baseline for my abilities during episodes. Kind a like I have to rediscover my self. Usually associated with pressure above the roof of my mouth (what I would call base of brain for lack of better words), and/or pressure or pain in the Adams apple. Overexerting my self as well as drinking can also bring it on. Few years ago one neurologist here in Oklahoma put me on Verapamil (1-2 tables a day to help blood flow in brain)and it has helped me significantly. It has cut down the duration of the episodes from 3-6 weeks to 6-7 days. I have also began to take B 12 vitamin shots and they seem to help my condition also.
Asked On : Fri, 6 Jul 2012