Epileptic since 9 years, levipill 500, no seizures, will this have any effect on my married life and pregnancy ?

hello, doctor i am epileptic since 9 yrs . i intially started with different medicines nd now i m on levipill 500 . i changed my doctors frequently. now as such i have no problem or i should ssay no seizures since a year or so but still when it comes to talk about marriage i get nervous.? can i have a normal baby or is it so that my baby also may suffer from the same.?? i am 25 yrs of age now. i also get confused how to talk to a person when it comes for marraige since such thing i dont want to hide from my husband but my parents want me to do so.. i am still not engaged but my parents are seeing husband for me.. i dont want to cheat anybody and my parents wont agree to share this thing on the boys side anytime.? what should i do ?
Asked On : Thu, 10 May 2012
Epilepsy is not hereditary problem and you are likely to have normal children. If you do not disclose about epilepsy now then your in laws will come to know once you get pregnant as the drugs might have to be stopped to prevent their effect on the baby. It is best to take them into your confidence.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal