Epilepsy, suddenly start speaking irrelevant words, spells of unconsciousness. MRI shows mesial temporal sclerosis. Surgery required or not?

Hello sir, i have completed my MBA i have been suffering from epilepsy from 12 years and my problem is sudden onset absence by speaking some words which are unrelated, unconciousness,and some times i just fell down and all it takes place for 2 seconds and after that i will be normal i have been using tegretol 400 tablets twice and topomac 50 mg to control the seizures .but it is not controlling i have taken EEG test, CT scan and in MRI the results are Right hippocampus is smaller in size and shows increased signal intensity on T2 and FLAIR Left hippocampus is normal in size and show normal MR signals Right hippocampul= 1.18 cm3 Left hippocampul=2.25cm3 Small and hypertense Right hippocampus onT2 and FLAIR with asymmetric and mildly prominent adjacent temporal horn suggesting mesial temporal scerosis. From 1yar I were using tegretol 400mg with topomax 50 mg twice a day but there is no improvement and getting scesors. My doctor told me to make surgery .will I get any problem in future with side affects . should i go for surgery or not
Asked On : Sat, 27 Oct 2012