Epilepsy since childhood, taking tegrital 200. Frequency of attack increased. Treatment options other than operation?

hi...... my mother is a patient of mirgi from 3 months after she was born however at her young age the attacks where very less as per my grandmother after her marriage she give birth to 3 very normal and intelligent child pass 15 years she is taking medicine named as tegrital 200 , but I think now the medicine is not helping her anymore because the frequency of attacks have increased to much . doctors say v can go for operation but we feel it is not safe as she is aging her age is 60 . it will be of great help if u can suggest some medicine . thanx
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013