Epigastric pain, vomiting. Done Tru-cut biopsy. Not responding to treatment. What does the results indicate, treatment?

Hi I have a clinical history of epigastric pain and vomiting and not responding to treatment. A tru-cut biopsy of the left liver lobe was sent for examination. Macroscopy: specimen consists of two cores of tissue measuring 10 and 12mm long respectively. Microscopy: sections show cores of tissue whicha are compltely effaced by a diffuse proliferation of atypical, lymphoid cells displaying marked, poor-fixation artefact precluding accurate assessment of cytomorphology. the tumuor also shows extensive coagulative necrosis . the surrounding, non-neoplastic tissue is not represented. Histology: Conclusion Left liver lobe, biopsy; features are highly suggestive of a high grade non-hodgkins lymphoma. Immunohistochemical stains are required for definitive diagnosis. Question: What is suggestive of these findings from the biopsy examination and is there a solution as I now feel tenderness in the epigastric region. How far can I benefit from surgery?
Asked On : Mon, 26 Mar 2012