Eosinophilic Esophagitis, blood in stool, lots of gas. Undertake endoscopy and colonoscopy fast?

My son has Eosinophilic Esophagitis . There are alot of symptoms he experiences from his disease, but I am concerned about some new symptoms involving his lower GI tract. He usually has loose stools and lots of gas, but more recently he has been showing blood in his stools. He is scheduled for an endoscopy and colonoscopy in another 8 weeks, but I was wondering if it should be bumped up to get him in sooner. I am concerned he may have Crohns disease, since there is a family history of it as well.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013